Making your home carbon neutral is a worthwhile goal to reduce CO2 emissions. Most homes rely on fossil fuels to generate electricity and heat. By using energy more efficiently at home, you can reduce your emissions and lower your energy bills. Here’s how:
1.Replace incandescent light bulbs with CFL bulbs.
2. Set your thermostat 2 degrees cooler in the winter.
3. Clean or replace furnace filters.
4. Wash clothes in cold water and use a clothesline or indoor drying rack instead of a dryer whenever possible.
5. Unplug electronics when not in use. Chargers, TV’s, hairdryers, and items such as kitchen appliances use energy even when turned off.
6. Plant trees. A single tree absorbs 1 ton of CO2 over its lifetime.
Start with one change and gradually incorporate more energy saving habits into your daily life.
Be the Change.